As the time of the new year approaches, it’s a great opportunity to make changes in your life that will accompany you through the rest of the year. Therefore, commencing on the dark moon of 17 January 2018, I am hosting a full month online journey with the Dark Goddesses who will support you on a journey to investigate the shadow behaviours and beliefs that keep you limited and unconscious. For many of us, investigating our shadow aspects, is something we keep meaning to do, but never quite get there. If this is a journey you’ve been meaning to make, the Dark Goddess will serve as your guide, as you surrender to the pull of the underworld and dive deep.
So What is the Shadow?
The shadow contains all the parts of ourselves that we try to hide, deny or suppress. It is the keeper of all the aspects of ourselves that we dislike and the qualities that we judge as unacceptable. Jung, calls it our ‘‘dark side’’–- dark because it tends to include our raw primitive emotions such as anger or rage, lust, power, laziness, selfishness, greed and envy. These emotions can see us engage in behaviours such as promiscuous sex, illicit drug taking, alcohol abuse, lies, eating disorders, bad parenting, despair, codependency, crime, depression, shame or even madness. Whatever we deem evil, inferior or unacceptable and deny in ourselves becomes part of the shadow and oftentimes because of our inability to identify it, we disown and project it onto others so as to avoid the confrontation within. Most of us are convinced that we are flawed and inadequate so we become masters of disguise and go to great lengths to wear elaborate masks and hide our bad qualities from those around us – even from ourselves.
Whilst we are taught from a very young age to avoid the dark and always to seek out the light, the goddess on the other hand, like nature herself, understands that the shadow is an essential part of the whole and just like night follows day and the moon wanes from full to dark, we too cycle between shadow and light. The dark goddesses such as Kali, Ereshkigal, Hecate, Lilith and the hag all provide us with their stories so that we can relate to the shadow within our own depths. When we seek the counsel of the dark goddess, we seek transformation – death to the old by honouring and owning its existence and then acceptance and healing which leads to integration and rebirth to the new.
- Kali – the Hindu mother goddess, destroyer of the ego
- The Morrighan – the Celtic goddess of war that mediates the journey from life to death
- Lilith – represents the shadow side of feminine sexuality
- Sekhmet – Egyptian warrior goddess of destruction
- Hekate – the threefold Moon Goddess connected with magic and feminine independence
- Inanna / Ereshkigal – Inanna, Queen of Heaven & Earth journeys to meet her sister Ereshkigal, Queen of the underworld
- The Crone – she is the dark of the moon, the hidden one, scorned and reviled
- Baba Yaga / Hag – her bony grasp leads you to transformation and rebirth
Each of these goddesses represents a shadow or underworld aspect that will help mirror to you behaviours or beliefs that you can identify in yourself. We will invite them to journey with us to reveal their secrets and offer their healing.
Which goddess speaks to you already??
We will begin the journey together on the dark of the moon 17 January 2018 and I will hold space for a full lunar month. You will choose which goddess to work with and receive via email throughout the month written information and instructions, guided meditations, prayers, invocations and webinar teachings to guide you on an underworld journey which will see you recognise and face your shadow, learn how to integrate the behaviours and love back to wholeness the parts of you that are presently hidden in the dark. This month long immersion will include two zoom call sessions where we will gather online together as a group of sisters in support of each other, together with a 30 minute one-on-one zoom session with me personally, where we can discuss issues specific to your situation.
- Information and instructions to research your goddess’ stories and myths;
- Instructions on how to set up your altar;
- Prayers to summon and invoke your goddess of choice for two weeks before your underworld descent;
- Webinar instruction introducing you to all of the goddesses;
- 2 group zoom calls where we will gather to discuss any issues you may be having. They will be held on Saturday 3 February and Saturday 17 February 12 noon Australian summer time;
- One 30 minute one-on-one zoom session with me personally to discuss issues relevant to your situation
- Guided meditations;
- Exercises to help clarify shadow behaviours;
- Inclusion in ritual circle held in my own temple, where I as priestess, will weave all participant’s names and energies into sacred space and create a safe container for us all to journey together;
- Invitation to join the closed Facebook Group Shadow of the Dark Goddess which is only for participants of this workshop, where you can discuss your experiences and exchange information with other participants who have participated in this online experience. This shared sacred space with your sisters becomes your online Temple space and is of invaluable support to you as your journey;
- A full colour workbook including information on all the shadow goddesses and suggestions for ongoing work with your shadow.
Go to the WEBSITE for full details of how this online journey will work and testimonials from other participants who have benefited from this deep and authentic work.
Everything You Wanted to Know About Jade Eggs
Jade Eggs are an egg shaped crystal that you insert into the vagina to internally massage the vaginal walls, to help awaken the neural, pleasure and energy pathways inside of the tissue. A Jade Egg helps you strengthen your whole lower abdomen and pelvic floor musculature which can deepen your pleasure and orgasmic potential and eliminate incontinence.
Jade Eggs originally come to us from China where they have been used for many centuries by Asian women as an aid to strengthen and tighten vaginal and bladder muscles while providing sensual arousal. These eggs were made from natural Chinese green jade which has long been associated with the promotion of Chi (energy) enhancing all round good health. The highest quality of these is nephrite jade which is a very dense crystal unlike other normal crystalline structures such as rose or clear quartz. Nephrite Jade is stronger than steel so it’s the top recommended crystal for vaginal use.
Read my latest blog here and find details for purchase: